Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Practice film (Card Swap) analysis

In yesterday's lesson, me and my group used final cut pro and sound pro for the first time.  It was really exciting and beneficial, as we got to edit our short film that we had filmed from the previous lesson, and we got a small idea of how things will work when editing our final piece.  Using final cut pro, allowed us to cut out all the bits that we didn't want in our sequence, and also allowed us to preview our sequence as a whole before actually saving it.

We didn't get any time to add some sound into our short film but we did get to play about with loads and hear how different sound effects fitted the sequence.  In my opinion, I think the lack of sound makes the film a little less interesting, and this is one of the things I think I would change if I had the chance to do this again.  Not having sound also showed me how important sound is in a film sequence, and I'd like to take this knowledge towards the making of our final film.

We also had the chance to add subtext(s) to our film with different transitions, but as we were asked to focus on sound, we never really had any time to include some.

Our practice film is on the blog below.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment