Saturday, 19 March 2011

Editing Day – 3

I was unable to come in on the Wednesday because I found out I had a philosophy lecture during the time I was schedule to edit, so on Thursday during lesson Emily and Natalie who were editing on the Wednesday filled me in. I really like how the sequence was put together and I really like Natalie’s work on sound, it really fitted in with the film. I think we can effectively use that sound, all it needs is a bit of tweaking and it would be perfect! There was some controversy within our group about our original opening establishing shot. Emily believed that the establishing shot was too long and it tended to loose the audience interest, I agreed with this, however, I also believed that, that establishing shot would be a good background against the titles, Natalie also took similar viewpoint to mine but agreed with Emily theory of it being boring and contemplated whether it would be better with the establishing shot out. I didn’t mind that establishing shot being taken out that much because it was shaky, which reduce our quality of the film. We all decided to use the second establishing shot we had; it was not shaky and shorter, but it didn’t show Emily entering the screen before allowing use to change into a point if view shot. Unlike my first thoughts that fact that Emily’s entrance wasn’t caught on screen didn’t harm our film and we were able to mix the establishing shot with the POV shot, and still use the establishing shot to put the title ‘Lionsgate Films’ within the shot. That title worked really well in that shot because it was amongst the clouds, linking it more to the official Lionsgate picture/logo.  While we worked on adding transitions in-between some clips to help the continuity of the film, Annabelle came and told us that since the rough cut were due in today we should also work on getting in titles, because we should have at least some titles on our rough cut. So we rounded up on the editing and began work on the titles.

The Lionsgate logo
After lunch had finished for that day and everybody was going to there lesson and a class was coming in w, saved our work and went to another room to quickly upload our rough cut unto the blog. When I went to upload the work with Vanessa who was in the other room working on group blogs, I couldn’t find it! I was freaking out. All we could find was the old sequence that we saved separately long time ago. We searched the video drive for about half and hour before we were unable to go back onto the computer we were previously on to search if you saved it onto just the computer. After searching for a while, luckily we found it. We plugged in our hard drive and made sure that we saved it, PROPERLY this time. We then went back to the other computer upload the video on the blog using handbrake. 



Our screen in Final Cut Pro during editing

Our screen in Final Cut Pro during editing

Our screen in Final Cut Pro during editing


No comments:

Post a Comment